Cars, Bikes & Driving

certificate of conformity for mercedes van

overdrive writes in Cars, Bikes & Driving

hi !! can anyone help me find a - certificate . of . conformity . for a mercedes 313 sprinter l.w.b. van thanks

Posted on: 15/04/2009 at 22:23

The laws have now changed. If you are importing a vehicle from one European country to another, you no longer need a C of C.

You will, however, need one if you are importing a vehicle from say the U.S. into Europe.

Check it out and good luck.

Posted on: 16/04/2009 at 10:14

You will still need a C.O.C if item K on the V5C does not have your Type Approval Number.

Posted on: 16/04/2009 at 11:33

hi ive not yet moved from the uk to france.i have a ford focus 1800 tdi.how do i find out if this make does or does not need a c of c it is 2004 built. i am moving in june. if it does req a cofc,can this be done in the uk before i move? i realise i have to get the headlights changed over. the other thing is,i move at end of june,but my uk mot runs out in august,any advise? thanks,keith

Posted on: 16/04/2009 at 22:26

Hi Gravelle

Would be interested to know where you got this information, having just returned from the prefecture you most definately do need one for older vehicles, possibly not if the information is on the newer log books...but it's certainly not sweeping.

Jaybird

Posted on: 17/04/2009 at 08:09

Hi Jaybird,

From the French T.V. about three weeks ago. It was explaining the revisions of European Laws from Bruxelles.

Gravelle.

Posted on: 17/04/2009 at 08:18

Recent Classifieds and Discussions

Latest Classifieds
Latest Discussions

Featured Business

French-Money-Matters.com

Under the banner of the international group Generali we cover the full span of insurance... Read more...

Justine Joseph Architecte

Renovations and new builds for all budgets. Attentive bilingual team. All building, landscape... Read more...

Jansen Entretien

Comprehensive and experienced Gite & Property management service. Long established and... Read more...

Essentials

Maps

Useful local maps covering all key areas of Dordogne

Read More...

Become a Member

Register to become a member of AngloINFO Dordogne

Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.

Read More...

Featured Information

Income Tax

Income Tax

The responsibilities of the taxpayer in France: understand the French tax system and how it affects your income.

Read more...
Useful Contacts

Useful Contacts

Find out about services and government organisations that play a part in moving to France.

Read more...

Essentials

Bookshop

Browse and buy interesting and relevant books relating to France and Dordogne

Read More...

What's On

Morning Market

General market.

More Details

Useful Tools

Get Listed

If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Dordogne, you can list it in the Business Directory free of charge

Read More...